Friday, February 11, 2005

Still learning to blog right

I discovered Picasa and Hello yesterday, two tools for organizing and sending pictures.

The first, Picasa, searches all of one's on-line files and extracts an entry for every .jpg, .gif, and .tif file it finds (and maybe other formats). They are all added to an "album" and presented in any number of formats for one to use. I have just scratched the surface on using Picasa and already have saved a bundle of time.

Hello allows one to share pictures with others without posting them to a web page nor attaching them to an email message. The other person(s) must also be using Hello.

But the reason I got Hello was to allow me to easily upload pictures to this blog, and that's how the picture below got where it is. I was hoping I could cause it to be inserted next to the entry about the living machine, but it didn't offer any such placement option and I don't know if I can move it there. More on that if I learn how.

For now I'll just try to remember to upload the picture just before or just after I post the article to which it relates.

2 comments:

gt said...

Hi Ed. If you change the date and time of the post with the picture, that should move it to where you want it.

Ed said...

Worked as you said. I moved the picture back in time next to the entry it illustrates.

Thanks, gt.